How To Delete/Remove advanced-cache.php Drop-in from WordPress?
I have a plugin listed in the Drop-Ins. The Advanced caching plugin. I used to have that on my site but I deleted it as it is flagged as not having been updated. it didn’t work especially well anyway. Is it a plugin that doesn’t clean up after it is removed?
In this post i explained how to remove advanced-cache.php.
This plugin shows this error “Drop-ins are advanced plugins in the
wp-content directory that replace WordPress functionality when present “
So i try to delete that drop-in many ways. many methods are not working. thats bad so i think more to find that file in my control panel and i try to delete that file.then that error will solved. that method also failed me.
i found that php file from here
i deleted this file but it shows again. it was couldn’t delete.
so then i think about why that drop-in was created on my site and then finally i figured out why it was created and how to remove that.
Follow these steps to Delete Advanced-cache.php drop-in :
- Before that drop-in display i was installed one plugin name called WP-Optimize – Clean, Compress, Cache.
- This plugin is a revolutionary, all-in-one plugin that cleans your database, compresses your images and caches your site. and load your website fast.
- In this plugin have cache enabling option. when i enabled that option that drop-in error displays(advanced-cache.php).
- It allows you cache your pages, for super fast load times. so that error displayed.
- once i find this problem i disable the cache enabling option.
- After that the Drop-in problem was solved.